Do you wake up tired with puffy eyes every morning? If you do, it may be hard for you to feel fresh and active with sleepy, droopy eyes… those annoying bags under your eyes are a sign of stress and fatigue. We have some simple, quick fixes to give your eyes a lift.
1. Go potatoes – Place potato slices on the puffed area around your eyes for 15-20 minutes. This is a great way to reduce the bags.
2. Drink Enough Water – One of the causes of puffiness may be dehydration or a high concentration of salt around the eyes. Drinking plenty of water can decrease the swelling. Avoid dehydrating drinks like alcohol and coffee on particularly puffy days.
3. Apply Something Cold – Something as cold as a cucumber can do the trick. Cucumbers are a fantastic way to get rid of under eye puffiness. Place cucumber slices on your eyes for 20-25 minutes… you can place the slices and take a short nap to refresh your mind and eyes. If you don’t have a cucumber handy, you can also place chilled tea bags (green tea, chamomile tea, black tea, any herbal tea, etc.) over your eyes. Moisten two tea bags and cool them off in a refrigerator. Place the cooled tea bags on your eyes for 15-20 minutes and you will feel thoroughly relaxed. Alternatively, you can also dip cotton pads in cold milk and place on your eyelids for 20-30 minutes to reduce the swelling around your eyes.
4. Vitamin E – Take few drops of chilled water and add a few drops of vitamin E oil to it; mix them well. Dip cotton pads in this mixture and soothe your eyes with it.
5. Chilled Spoons – Another easy remedy is to chill 4 spoons in freezer. You can also put iced water in the spoon and place them over your eyes. Keep switching the spoons until you see an improvement.
6. Egg Whites – You can also beat an egg white and apply it around your eyes for about 20 minutes. Wash it off it cold water thereafter to notice your eyes feel tighter and less puffy.
Last, but not the least, get enough sleep and wake up fresh and alert.