Do you have the ideal weight? You may feel that your weight is within acceptable limits according to your height and age, but this may no longer be true anymore. As per a recent discovery, it is the components of cholesterol (LDL, HDL, the size of those cholesterol particles, and triglycerides) that are determine the ideal weight and are much more predictive of heart health. It is not your total weight that matters the most; it is the characteristics of that weight that are more important. It is essential to know how much of fat you have and where all it is deposited in your body. It is no more about the right BMI (body mass index), but about the NWO (normal weight obesity) that you should be bothered for. If you have fat accumulation around your belly and around internal organs, you may be at a greater risk of heart diseases and damages to the blood vessels and tissues.
Follow the below steps to find out if you have normal weight obesity.
1. Don’t get preoccupied with pounds. Your total weight is a general assessment of your health. Many a times, it can be misleading to just go with your BMI range. So, keep in mind your cholesterol levels too.
2. Get your body fat measured. You can get your fat measured by a variety of non-invasive methods. A fat amount of more than 30 % in women and 20% in men is considered as NWO. You can go in for a quick estimate by wrapping a cloth measuring tape around your naked waist just above your belly button. If your waist is more than 35 inches (40+ inches for men), you may have NWO.
3. Get your blood tested. If you have low HDL and high triglycerides, blood sugar and blood pressure, it may be warning signs for NWO.
4. Target belly fat. If you have NWO, it’s time to reduce visceral fat. Indulge in exercises and consume a healthy diet.
5. Keep a regular track of your fat. Just like you keep tabs on your weight, it’s now time to do the same with your fat. Have it measured at regular intervals and take steps to reduce it if you are diagnosed with NWO.
Feeling healthy and being fat are no longer mutually exclusive. Visit Metropolis Fitness and Spa in Miami for more health and fitness benefits ” Gyms Miami “