Metropolisfitness- Fitness and Health Blog
Metropolis fitness and Spa are passionate about health and fitness for all.
Exercise Tips for Office Workers and the Young
Do you feel that it’s difficult to keep fit with your busy office schedule? Do you struggle to find time for fitness? Here are some easy tips that you can incorporate in your office hours and be on the go.
• Cycling and walking are excellent exercises that work on the whole body. If your office is not in another city, you can cycle or walk to work. If you take the bus, get off a few miles before your destination and walk some distance to burn calories.If you drive to work, park your car further away from your office and walk the rest of the way.
• While discussing project ideas, you can walk with your colleague. If you are not using the computer and thinking of ideas, you can walk and think. This way you can kill two birds with one stone – you will stay active and fresh ideas will come to your mind. Rather than calling your colleagues on phone to discuss things, walk over to their desks.
• Always try to climb the stairs instead of taking the lift. You can also take lift and walk half way if the stories are too much.
• Stand and take your calls.
• Go for a walk during your lunch break but not immediately after having lunch. Give a gap of 10 minutes.
• If your office has a gym, exercise before or after work. Find a partner to keep up your motivation high.
Younger people should try new ways to keep themselves active. Indulging in your favourite sports is a great way to keep fit and pursue your hobby at the same time. Get your mates involved; exercise and play in groups and have fun. Help your parents in some household chores. Instead of sitting and listening to music, dance along with it. Buy exercise CDs and buddy up with a friend to use it at your place or your friend’s.
Staying fit is not difficult. If you have the passion for it, you can find a plethora of ways besides the ones mentioned above and enjoy a healthy life.