Metropolisfitness- Fitness and Health Blog
Metropolis fitness and Spa are passionate about health and fitness for all.
Get Active your Way
The secret to getting fit is to use every opportunity to be active and make physical activity a part of your daily routine. It’s much easier to remain fit than you probably think. No matter what your age, indulge in some form of physical activity to lead a healthy life. Besides gyming, here we bring you easy and effective ways to get more activity into your day.
Recommended physical activities levels:
• Early childhood (under 5 years old) should do 180 minutes every day
• Children and young (5 to 18 years old) should do 60 minutes every day
• Adults (19 to 64 years old) should do 150 minutes every week
• Older adults (65 and over) should do 150 minutes every week
Types of Activities:
• Walking – Walking is one of the easiest ways to lose weight. Ditch your car for short journeys and walk your way towards your health. Try to walk 10,000 steps a day if you can’t do anything else. Doing just this regularly can burn up to 400 calories.
• Strength and Flex Workout – With the help of your fitness trainer, indulge in the right strength and fitness workouts for you. It is important to do it right to reap maximum benefits.
• Cycling – Cycle to work if possible. Do your grocery shopping and other tasks by cycling. It’s fun to cycle with a partner. You can admire the beautiful surroundings much more and be closer to the nature.
• Park games – Go back to your childhood days when you used to play hide and seek, stuck in the mud, football and other activities. Once in a while, get involved in park games with your family, friends, or children and improve your fitness level.
• Skipping – Skipping is a strenuous exercise yet fun to do. Start out slow and gradually increase your pace and duration.
There are of course many more ways to get active like trim trails, mall walking, climbing the stairs, etc. The key is to use every opportunity and explore new ways to exercise!