Metropolisfitness- Fitness and Health Blog
Metropolis fitness and Spa are passionate about health and fitness for all.
Walking – A Good Exercise For All
If you are one of those who thinks that walking is not an exercise you are mistaken. It has been proved that walking is a healthy exercise and helps to lose weight too. Many people think that only high impact exercises can help one shed off calories. Luckily, this is not true. Walking is a great exercise that boosts overall cardiovascular fitness, decreases the risk of cancer and heart disease, reduces cholesterol levels, lowers blood pressure, helps alleviate lower back pain, and reduces the risk of arthritis and osteoporosis. Walking also helps to de-stress and remove depression.
Besides all the above, regular walking habit also stimulates creativity and induces problem-solving skills.When you walk, you get an opportunity to walk outdoors, breathe fresh air, and enjoy the changing seasons. It’s easy, cheap, and safe.
Important walking tips:
1. If you don’t have enough time, you can break your walking into smaller chunks… you can walk for 30 minutes twice a day instead of an hour at a stretch.
2. It is advisable to wear reflective clothing at night. Also, if there is no sidewalk, always walk facing the traffic.
3. Try to include hills into your walking route – this will raise your metabolism level.
4. Alternate between walking and speed walking. This gives you more from your workout.
5. If you are walking alone, listen to music or an audio book. But be careful to limit the volume so that you can hear what is going on around you.
6. Try to walk with a partner. This will keep you motivated.
7. Take alternate routes to avoid getting bored.
8. Swing your arms more to burn more energy.
9. Prior to walking, indulge in push-ips, sit ups, weight training, etc. to build muscles and strength.
10. Keep track of your time, distance covered and calories burned for motivation.
How to walk:
Start out slow, at your own pace. Push off from your back foot. Walk heel to toe. Keep your arms close to your body and bent at almost 90 degrees angle. Keep your head high, shoulders relaxed, chest out and eyes straight ahead. Concentrate on breathing evenly and swinging your arms naturally.
For hiring Professional Fitness Trainer in Miami, click here : Personal Trainer Miami