Metropolisfitness- Fitness and Health Blog
Metropolis fitness and Spa are passionate about health and fitness for all.
Why You May Not Be Losing Fat!
Are you not losing enough weight despite all those exercises and diet regime that you are following regularly? Do you tend to gain back all the shed pounds each time you digress from your diet plan? If you are, you are not the only one. In fact, you are one among the 75% of those who are unable to control their insulin levels.
Many Americans are eating less fat than ever; however, they are gaining weight much faster. The reason is Type 2 diabetes, which is spreading like an epidemic, being diagnosed almost every eight minutes in U.S.A. and Canada. People suffering from Type 2 diabetes gain weight because of the production of excess insulin in their bodies that prevents the mobilization of free fatty acids to be consumed for energy. Too much insulin causes frequent hunger pangs, fat accumulation in the body, sodium retention leading to hypertension, hormonal imbalances, prostrate growth, raised cholesterol and triglycerides levels and a lot of other problems.
The only solution to control this is to consume a carbohydrate-rich diet and to exercise. Exercising goes a long way in controlling the insulin level. A diet with 40% carbohydrates, 30% proteins and 30% fats can prove to be an ideal one for those with raised insulin levels. Choose a responsible and healthy lifestyle by incorporating the following:
• Include protein in all your meals
• To control blood-sugar level, eat protein and fat first
• Consume vegetables and fruits that have low Glycemic Indexes main source of carbohydrates
• Minimize the intake of fizzy drinks, pop, juice, dried fruits, bananas, root vegetables and corn
• Try to consume unprocessed foods and consume fewer grain products as your carbohydrate choices
• Synonymous with their name, essential fatty acids (EFAs) and high-quality proteins are a must-have in every meal. Both are crucial to boost up the metabolism level
• Choose food supplements like lecithin, gamma linoleic acid, etc. and good-quality multivitamins. Food supplementation is a necessity.
High-quality diets are lower in calories. So, go ahead and follow the above-mentioned points. Consume lots of water and you will be on your way to losing weight safely, quickly and permanently.